Corporate Charity Partnerships & Volunteering
Find out more about how a partnership with ThinkForward will support young people, the different partnership opportunities we offer and how you can support us.
WHY PARTNER WITH US?
ThinkForward exists to prevent the next generation of youth unemployment.
Through a combination of one-to-one coaching, workplace activities and youth participation opportunities, young people gain the confidence, independence, and skills they need to make successful school-to-work transitions and secure a brighter future.
Your support will help to deliver long term sustainable impact for young people in London, Kent, Nottingham and the West Midlands as they prepare for and transition into the world of work.
When we asked our FutureMe post-16 young people how they were doing in May 2023, 83% of those we spoke to told us they were in education, employment or training. The national government statistic for the most comparable group of young people is 62.8%.
By supporting our programmes, we can help you to achieve your strategic charitable and community objectives. Our work covers key areas that help improve our society, including:
- Education and training
- Developing resilience and confidence in young people
- Social mobility, impact, and welfare
- Employment skills and career pathways
Want to partner with us? Email Anna, our Development Manager, to find out more.
VOLUNTEER WITH US
Research shows that young people who have four or more contacts with the workplace are five times less likely to become unemployed.
One of the most significant barriers facing young people is a lack of access to, and understanding of, the job market. Contact with employers during school is vital to giving young people the necessary self-belief, awareness and motivation to gain employment once they leave education.
At ThinkForward we work with businesses to provide a range of activities that get young people ready for work. They also give volunteers a fantastic way to use their experience, while learning some new skills themselves.
We make it easy for you to volunteer. Our team will support you to inspire young people from your community.
Work Insight Visits:
Insight days with local businesses provide young people with a formative experience of the workplace. Through an introduction to the work environment, different career paths, and taster activities, young people gain a positive insight into opportunities and possibilities for their future.
Workplace visits are flexible and can be tailored to your expertise but are often built around the theme of awareness and aspirations – young people meet a range of employees and find out what professionals do day to day, how they got to where they are, and what motivates them. We also run workshops focusing on particular careers such as Law, IT, HR, Finance, etc.
Quality work experience placements are an essential part of helping a young person prepare for the world of work. We are always looking for opportunities for young people to spend half a day to two weeks working within an organisation.
A work placement is the most effective and immersive way for young people to put their learnings from the programme into practice. Most importantly, tangible work experience is the strongest thing a young person can add to their CV.
We provide full support before, during and after the placement to ensure the experience is valuable for all involved. Placements are tailored to the career interests of each young person and the needs of the employer.
Skills Workshops and Career Talks:
Facilitated by ThinkForward, these are group sessions where volunteers work with young people to help develop CVs, interview and transferrable skills, and discuss their career pathways.
Skills workshops are a great way to make the most of your particular skills and experience, and often involve subjects such as selling yourself and personal development.
An award-winning eight session programme to develop work and life skills, confidence and motivation. Mentors work one-to-one with young people from a local school. Delivered in groups in the workplace and facilitated by our qualified coaches, Business Mentoring gives young people vital access to a work environment and is a highly rewarding staff development opportunity. Full training is provided for all volunteers.
To find out more about how you and your employees can get involved, please contact Nicolette, Head of Business Partnerships.
FUNDRAISE FOR US:
Every donation, volunteer and pro bono supporter received makes a difference.
This support ensures young people will get the support they need to secure a better and brighter future through a meaningful education and career.
As a corporate charity partner, a dedicated Account Manager will work with you to develop a bespoke and mutually beneficial partnership. Key partnership elements could include:
- Fundraising activities and events for your colleagues to enjoy, either remotely or in the office
- Staff payroll giving – a simple feel good and tax free way for your colleagues to donate
- CRM and marketing partnerships helping to promote your brand and target a key demographic
- Employee engagement opportunities, e.g staff visits to our programmes.
We can also discuss any bespoke or unique partnership opportunities that you are interested in.
Finally, we can support you and your colleagues with participating in a challenge event. From the point of registration to crossing the finish line, our fundraising team will be there to cheer you on all the way!
OUR CHALLENGE EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
We can support you and your colleagues with participating in a challenge event or organising a fundraising activity. From the point of registration, our Fundraising team will be with you every step of the way!
Whether you’re looking to take on an obstacle cause, raise money in the office or bring together your team, we have an event for you:
- Triple Challenge for the Big Give (November/December 2023): organise a baking competition, run a marathon or host a pub quiz – it’s entirely up to you! Complete your own fundraising activity and triple your impact as part of the Big Give’s Christmas Challenge by fundraising for ThinkForward, match funded by your employer and then match funded by the Big Give.
- You’re Hired! (Anytime): using teamwork and your business acumen, take £10 and turn into as much money as possible for ThinkForward.
- Tough Mudder (various locations and dates): the iconic and ultimate obstacle course is back! Participate either as a team or an individual, Tough Mudder is built on a foundation of teamwork and overcoming obstacles. It’s the chance to unplug from the daily grind, experience the unexpected and accomplish something big.
- London Landmarks Half Marathon (7th April 2024): experience London’s central half marathon through Westminster and the City and take on a challenge whilst taking in the Capital’s greatest landmarks.
- StepForward (March 2024): wherever you live, on your way to work or around your community, complete a virtual run or walk of either a 10k, half marathon or marathon during March and step forward for ThinkForward’s young people in 2024.
- RideForward (July 2024): working as a team, compete in a virtual cycle ride at your office, the gym or at home. Cycle a relay of 135 miles – the approximate distance between our most Northern and most Southern coaching programmes in 1 day.
We will provide you with all the support you need, including a fundraising toolkit, branded posters, t-shirts to wear on the day and much more! Simply get in touch today and let us know what you’re interested in.
If you are interested in becoming a corporate charity partner and supporting our young people, contact our Development Manager, Anna Foley, or our Head of Business Partnerships, Nicolette Bassan, to find out more.